Saturday, October 16, 2010

a good five pounds to lose

I'm struggling with balancing my vanity and my health.

Make up.

There's the aesthetic draw. I love the beautiful colors of lipstick and nail polish. I don't even polish my nails, my manicures are "buff only."

But skipping foundation would be the absolute best thing for me. And my 40+ skin isn't exactly office-ready without it.

Putting chemicals on your skin is actually far worse than ingesting them. When you eat something the enzymes in your saliva and stomach help break it down and flush it out of your body. Cosmetics absorb directly.

Women who wear make-up daily absorb five pounds of chemicals into their body each year.

Hmmmm...

This does make the IPL facial make sense. I got one a year ago and loved the results. Something about spending the money on a laser (though you can barely call it that) treatment seems shallow and vain.

Though I'm now thinking it may be healthier.