Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Love and {Many} Other Drugs

"Prescription drug spending rose to $307.4 billion in 2010, which translates to nearly $900 spent for each and every American.
This is a 2.3 percent rise over 2009 spending levels -- but it actually represents a slowing in drug spending in the United States. I am on a mission to get as many people off of then as possible!!! Lets be respons-able for our health!"

This was on fb today, posted by Super Phit Chick Kelli Calabrese.

More here in this article: "What Are America's Most Popular Drugs?"
My little girl seems to have allergies, so I have to add that I am very grateful for our advances in medicine and pharmaceuticals.  My sweet girl can be miserable with watery eyes and a runny nose, and with one teaspoon of medicine, return to the state of a normal trouble-making 2-year old. 

But let's be real, with a little work and a lot of support, we can free many people from many drugs.  Anti-depressants seem to have the best debate going here.   Nope, I'm not anti-anti-depressants, I know many people who are living a better life taking them.  Have you read the study comparing exercise and Zoloft?    What do you think?

BTW, a fun movie: Love and Other Drugs.  A co-worker called this "a sexy movie" and she was right. Jake G creates some steamy scenes. Interesting view of pharmaceutical sales too.