Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy Fourth of July

Start your day with positive inputs; how's this for a getting-started success story...

Angela,
I am doing great on the summer shed program. I lost 3 pounds this week! Woo-hoo! I’ve never seen results that fast! And, I have so much more energy. I had no idea how the “white stuff” was effecting me. Thanks!
Rachel

Have you started your Summer Shed program? You can still download it on the website -- http://www.phitchicks.com/ and click on "Resources."

THIS TUESDAY, July 3rd, I will have my usual Tuesday 5:40am yoga class at the Liberty Community Center -- and this week it's community yoga, meaning all are welcome. That's right, F. R. E. E. yoga on Tuesday -- get yourself supple and centered for the Fourth.
Remember no Equilibrium classes this week due to July 4th holiday and so many folks out of town. Including me, as I'm taking off to a major fitness convention in San Diego. The program is very interesting, as it's usually an indicator of national exercise trends...and this year it's almost all Pilates (mat and equipment based) and yoga. Still lots of cardio, but almost no step classes. Loads of spinning, triathlon training, running & walking programs and dance-based classes. (If you like "Dancing with the Stars" ask me about my Cardio Dance class starting this fall.) My agenda at this conference includes a half-day session on MAT (Muscle Activation Techniques) which should be very useful as it seems everybody has aches & pains these days, as well as workshops like "Yoga with Intention," "An In-Depth Look at the Knee Joint," and "'80's Dance Groove." The last of these will probably have me laughing so hard I can't even break a sweat to Duran Duran or whatever that playlist has in store for us.
I am very excited about this convention, and will be peridically posting updates on the Phit Chicks blog, so if you're curious about a deeper level of learning or just want a dose of "confessions of a fitness instructor," check out www.PhitChicks.blogspot.com. Hope to cyber-connect with you there.
Have a happy Fourth of July; celebrate to the fullest with a swim, a parade, some watermelon or sparklers.
Create a healthy day~
Angela
http://www.phitchicks.com/
http://www.angelabroderick.com/