Friday, July 06, 2007

Stability Ball, Dance & Aqua

Hi Phit Chicks. I'm taking a much needed afternoon break, sitting near the balcony and occasionally gazing at the sailboats in the harbor and the amazing blue sky and water. I swear it's always room temperature in this city. Absolutely beautiful.
The day started with me observing (OBSERVING, not taking class -- have six more hours of this, too old and too smart to over do it) a dance class called Body Jam. Then to the opening ceremonies of the convention. Heard an amazing keynote speech on the Wellness Revolution. The speaker, now in his mid-50's (looking mid-30s) gave us mind-provoking info. He also told a cute story: He lives in Utah and joined a buddy's mountain biking group. He had to have his wife take him 2/3 of the way up the ride, then he did the final third with the group. He was 45, and his buddy was 65. He said to his friend,"HOW do you do this? I am 45 and I can only do the last third."
His 65-year old friend replied, "Don't worry about it, I couldn't do the whole thing either when I was 45." :)
Better with each day that goes by.
After the keynote I went to a stability ball workshop and learned a few more abdominal exercises that my Sunday yoga class is going to LOVE! Can't wait to share.
And then I went to the highly energetic exhibit hall to try out some new equipment and check out the new music. Then off to another session, this time a dance-based cardio. I came back to the room a few minutes early to enjoy the balcony and fresh air, and am hoping to get re-energized before the party tonight. There is a water aerobics class going on outside and I can hear the instructor so I feel like I'm still in workshop mode. Been a long 12 hours. Whew. I'll find the energy though. Nothing gives me new life like learning.