Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Juice fast today

Today I'm doing a juice fast. I was actually nervous last night.

I woke up at 4:45 and made it to yoga at 5:45. I never eat breakfast on Wed until at least 10:00, and yet, at 7:00 am I was just dieing to chew something.

I'm doing one day of juices. The shortest, wimpiest program offered by Blue Print.

The first one was green. Kale, romaine, parsley, lemon, green apple, spinach. Was pretty good.

The second one was called PAM - pineapple, apple and mint. I don't do well with acid-y foods so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully no nasty canker sores.

Not hungry. And no tummy aches or other nonsense. Fingers crossed that I'll make it through the day.

On my way home from yoga it was raining and I wanted to drive thru Starbucks SO BAD. Other than that, I haven't had too tough a time avoiding real food.

I'm doing this as part of my health commitment in 2010. I've seen a Naturopath, gotten a series of acccupuncture, got a weekly massage for two months, have been walking 12 miles a week and exercising at least four days a week.

The crazy knots I get in my upper back muscles are sometimes excruciating. Many family members have fibromyalgia and I am doing every thing I can to prevent it!

(I was actually diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2002 and got a prescription for steriods. Threw them away. Denial isn't always a bad thing.)

For now, more water and green tea.