Thursday, August 03, 2006

Cool resources on the web.

Cool Stuff to Share:

I get this cool enewsletter called "Daily Candy" that sends me trends and fun stuff, mostly things you can buy on websites. (Don't click if you tend to overindulge in retail therapy -- easy to spend money on stuff on Daily Candy.) After reading it today, I decided to share a few of my favorite links with you.

Calorie Counter has virtually every food on it.

Laura's Wholesome Junk Food is great for those of you with gluten or wheat allergies, or just wanting a little less guilt in your indulgences.

Nifty insoles for dress shoes -- you gotta take care of your feet! I've recommended Rusty at Metro Walk and Run for your workout shoes, (he gives a 10% discount to Phit Chicks) but you gotta take care of your feet in every outfit.

Yoga Journal still has the best yoga site; and I love the "pose finder."

And my favorite fitness books are on this list at Amazon.

Finally, a couple of requests: I'm working on an article for a small business newspaper, and am seeking information on any small business who actively encourages their employees to lead a healthy lifestyle.
AND...I am quietly seeking sponsors for Walking Club t-shirts in the fall. One of the things I need to do is boost the audience of this newsletter. So if you have friends interested in fitness, please use the "send to a friend" feature at the top. Appreciate your help. As always, email me if you have ideas or questions.

Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday morning a the community center -- hope you can join us to walk!
Create a healthy day~
Angela